Apex ARGOS Sound level limiter
With its concealed, authority seal-able and straightforward set-up controls, you'll be able to quickly protect hearing and the environment, either on the road or in fixed installations.
The Argos front panel clearly displays the level reduction applied.
You can choose between different 3 modes of operation: use the measurement microphone provided, the line inputs or the power amplifier inputs as level measurement reference.
Argos’ unique servo-loop circuitry will preserve the whole audio signal quality and the entire dynamic range of the sound programme. Its unique silence detector makes it an indispensable tool for live music performance as well as interrupted recorded music, it will prevent pumping artefacts when the signal returns.
Configuring the Argos in fast mode and connecting it directly to your power amplifiers output, in parallel with the speakers, will protect your sound system against dangerous DJs, hard-rockers and extensive repair bills.
Use the Argos together with the Apex Hera, they will be your neighbours dream team !
- Directive 2003/10/EC "Noise at work"
- fixed installation: bar, theatre, concert venue, ...
- on the road: mobile DJ, live concert, ...
- sound or broadcast studio to limit the sound level on monitor system
- affordable price
- unique servo loop circuit allowing smooth operation (no compression or limiting artefacts in sound)
- proven to be most natural sounding leveller
- unique silence detection function with gain reduction hold circuit (avoiding pumping effect when sound comes back after a silence), ideal for live band
- 3 sound level detection modes: microphone, line or loudspeaker
- direct connection to power amplifier output and fast operation mode allowing use as speaker protection
- may work independently or combined with the Apex Hera to increase the functions and capabilities
- choose between smooth and fast operation
- sound level and gain reduction indicators
- concealed and authority seal able set-up controls
- the 'Test' button on front panel confirms the correct installation by muting the audio signal
- choice between A-weighted and C-weighted filters
- built-in pink noise generator for calibration
- balanced 3-pin XLR and RCA (cinch) connectors at inputs and outputs
Input / Output
Electronically balanced / floating
RF suppression with LC filters
Maximum level: +24 dBm
Impedance: 10KOhm / 100 Ohm
XLR-3 type connector
connections: 1 ground, 2 hot (+), 3 cold (-)
Frequency response: 10Hz - 40kHz + 0,2 dB
TND + Noise: <0,1% typical <=0,02%
Noise linear unbal. 22Hz-22kHz -95dBm
"A" filter accurancy 27Hz-20kHz: +1,2dB
Pink noise output level: -20dBm typical
Pink noise flatness 10Hz-30kHz: +1dB
Maximum gain reduction: 60dB
Line output level setting: -46dBm / +6dBm
Mic dBA setting: 60 / 112dBA
Speaker: 12,5mW / 1800W @ 8 Ohm
Dimensions 19 inch / 1 HU
Supply voltage 220 - 240 Vac
Safety requirements IEC-65
Shipping weight 2,5 kg