Nexo GEO S805 Tangent Array Module
Nexo GEO S805 compact high output array module is designed for use in vertical tangent arrays.
The Hyperboloid Reflective Wavesource allows multiple GEO S8 loudspeakers to radiate tangent wavefronts with coherent output.
The 5° wavesource is optimised for the construction of curved vertical arrays that deliver equal power to equal coverage areas for consistent SPL from front to rear of the audience area. Advanced DSP algorithms, applied by the NX242 TDcontroller, precisely integrate GEO S systems with CD12 SubBass cabinets, so they may be flown together, without causing any interference between the GEO S and CD12 wavefronts.
Since 2002, the S805 has consistently demonstrated a remarkable ability to project coherent sound over long distances. Arrays of up to 23x S805 Array Modules and 1x S830 Array Module have been deployed for large indoor and outdoor events, with consistently excellent results in the reproduction of music and speech.
- S805 is optimised for vertical tangent arrays
- High power, long excursion neodymium 8" woofer delivers full range output from compact enclosures
- Light weight (13kg per module including Array Assembly System) allows GEO tangent arrays to be hung almost anywhere
- Configurable Directivity Device allows dispersion in the noncoupling plane to be changed from 80° to 120° through bolton flanges that alter the flare of the diffraction slots exit
- Directivity Phase Device combines enhanced line source coupling in vertical arrays with extended low frequency response
- GEOSoft array design software predicts vertical tangent array performance for a wide range of venues
Specifications with NX242 TDController
|Frequency Response[a]:||67Hz - 19kHz ± 3dB|
|Usable Range @-6dB[a]:||60Hz - 20kHz|
|Sensitivity 1W @ 1m[b]:||99dB SPL Nominal
97dB SPL Wideband
|Peak SPL @ 1m[b]:||Configuration dependent[d]|
|Dispersion[c]:||Coupling Plane: Not usable as a single cabinet. Configuration dependent[d].|
|Directivity Q & DI[c]:||Q:16 Nominal
DI:12dB Nominal (f >1.5kHz)
|Non-Coupling Plane:||120° (configurable to 80°)|
|Crossover Frequencies:||1.6kHz Passive|
|Recommended Amplifiers:||1500 to 3000-w into 4Ω / 4x cabinets per channel. Up to 6x cabinets per channel may be connected to large amplifiers capable of operating into low impedance loads|
|Connectors||2x NL4MP 4-pole SPEAKON (in & through)|
|Speakon Connectors:||2 x 4 pole (Passive In & Loop Thru) + 1 x 4 Pole (Active In)|
|Construction:||Baltic birch ply finish w/structured black coating. Dark grey carpet is optional.|
|Flying:||Integral flying system. Intercabinet Angle Adjustments = .31° to 5° (logarithmic steps)|
|Fittings:||Grille Perforated Steel|
- [a] Response Curves and Data: Anechoic Far Field above 300Hz, Half-space below 300Hz. Usable Range Data: Frequency Response Capability with TD crossover slopes removed.
- [b] Sensitivity & Peak SPL: will depend on spectral distribution. Measured with band limited Pink Noise. Refers to the specified +/- 3dB range. Data are for Speaker + Processor + recommended amplifier combinations.
- [c] Directivity Curves and Data: 1/3 octave smoothed frequency response, normalised to On-Axis response. Data obtained by computer processing of off-axis response curves.
- [d] Please refer to the GEO User Manual.