Nexo GEO S830 Tangent Array Module
Compact Nexo GEO S830 high output array module is intended for horizontal tangent arrays or as a downfill element in curved (tangent) vertical arrays to establish consistent SPL in all coverage areas.
The unique geometry of the HRW allows the S830 to be used as a down-fill for vertical tangent arrays of S805 modules, or as a 30° building block in horizontal tangent arrays. In either orientation, the S830 delivers totally coherent high frequencies, transparent midrange and solid low end with its neodymium 1"- exit compression driver and long excursion 8" cone transducer.
The GEO S830 has proven the value and effectiveness of both vertical and horizontal tangent arrays. Its patent-pending Hyperboloid Reflective Wavesource creates tangent wavefronts whether the adjacent cabinets are additional S830s or 0.125°-5° GEO S805s.
- S830 can be deployed in horizontal or vertical tangent arrays
- High power, long excursion neodymium 8" woofer delivers full range output from compact enclosures.
- Light weight (13kg per module including precision array assembly system) construction allows GEO tangent arrays to be hung almost anywhere.
- Configurable Directivity Device allows dispersion in the noncoupling plane to change from 80° to 120° through bolt-on flanges that alter the flare of the diffraction slot's exit.
- Directivity Phase Device combines enhanced line source coupling in vertical arrays with extended low frequency response.
- GEOSoft array design software predicts vertical tangent array performance for a wide range of venues.
Specifications with NX242 TDController
|Frequency Response[a]:||67Hz - 19kHz ± 3dB|
|Usable Range @-6dB[a]:||60Hz - 20kHz|
|Sensitivity 1W @ 1m[b]:||99dB SPL Nominal
97dB SPL Wideband
|Peak SPL @ 1m[b]:||Configuration dependent[d]|
|Dispersion[c]:||Coupling Plane: Not usable as a single cabinet. Configuration dependent[d].|
|Directivity Index[c]:||Not usable as a single cabinet. Configuration dependent[d].|
|Non-Coupling Plane:||120° (configurable to 80°)|
|Crossover Frequencies:||1.6kHz Passive|
|Recommended Amplifiers:||1500 to 3000-w into 4Ω / 4x cabinets per channel. Up to 6x cabinets per channel may be connected to large amplifiers capable of operating into low impedance loads.|
|Connectors||2x NL4MP 4-pole SPEAKON (in & through)|
|Speakon Connectors:||2 x 4 pole (Passive In & Loop Thru) + 1 x 4 Pole (Active In)|
|Construction:||Baltic birch ply finish w/structured black coating. Dark grey carpet is optional.|
|Flying:||Integral flying system. Intercabinet Angle Adjustments = 17.5° & 30°|
|Fittings:||Grille Perforated Steel|
- [a] Response Curves and Data: Anechoic Far Field above 300Hz, Half-space below 300Hz. Usable Range Data: Frequency Response Capability with TD crossover slopes removed
- [b] Sensitivity & Peak SPL: will depend on spectral distribution. Measured with band limited Pink Noise. Refers to the specified +/- 3dB range. Data are for Speaker + Processor + recommended amplifier combinations
- [c] Directivity Curves and Data: 1/3 octave smoothed frequency response, normalized to On-Axis response. Data obtained by computer processing of off-axis response curves
- [d] Please refer to the GEO User Manual.